Monday, August 8, 2011

Mountbatten Gives Back

This is the project which kept me super busy for the past weeks. Need to make 3,000 bow clips and its all handmade. I am so thankful Dunman High School supported us in this event, if the students didnt helped us to make the bows, i m sure we will be pretty dead by now. :p In all, this is really a great experience and for Charmed Bowtique. At least, i have bring it to a greater heights in terms of fundraising. And i m so glad that my passion and hobby is of use and people love my bow creations. Hopefully, i will be able to use this skill which God has given me to help many others more. In fact, i only discovered my 'talent' 2 years back and have been working on it since then. :)

I started off with the project feeling unsure.. not sure whether can we complete in time and i have lotsa worries. Worried about the quality of the bows and so forth. But one week into the project, i have learnt to be more adaptable and be less fussy as what Grace told me. I realised if you need the quantity, sometimes we have to forgo quality but i m thankful DHS students are superb, they not only made more bows then what we originally forsee but the quality are also there as well. Special tks to teacher Najeeb for the great support!
I really love working with Maria, Cuiting and Grace.. they are such fun ppl to be with. They have taught me to see perfection through imperfections. They taught me to be a less worrier and everything is possible. :) I have also learnt to talk to bigger crowd of people and yes no advance speech was being prepared. I just talked.....

Through this event, we raise a total amount of $1,500 for the less fortunate students and we intend to continue to 'sell' the clips to get more funds. Can see the girls enjoying themselves too and i feel happy when students commented that this is their most fun PC lesson ever becos they get to do something meaningful. :) I hoped to be able to continue such good work and do my best to contribute whatever time, efforts and money i have to the less fortunate people or animals. Just hope that i will be able to get stronger staff support and less jealousy when the event is a great success. The worst part of the fundraising event is having to face lotsa unappreciative and fake people who probably hoped we wldnt be able to make it through.

Here's some photos of the event.

the students... learning to make bows

made by the studnets.. 438 bows!

interviewing 2 students for video production

our stock market

the hall full of students and yes.. i need to present to this large audience



passing the baton to grace and cuiting to conduct the session

1000 plus of bows done by students


pretty bow makers

our lovely packaging
SBOR - Largest National Flag made of Bows

Our pride!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design By:
SkinCorner